Thursday, November 9, 2017

Catching Up

Hello everyone! This is going to be one of those catch up, update, rambling type of posts. I think some people like to read these, and some some don't. I just feel that it's been awhile, not only since I posted, but since I posted any kind of personal entry that wasn't a recipe, or how to informational type of content,so I was overdue for a real chat with you all.

So, why have I gone MIA on this blog? A lot of reasons, really. It's not a complicated story, just tedious, and boring. You know, life stuff. My husband has been really ill with a gastronomy issue that has yet to be identified by doctors. It's been ongoing for about 8 months now. That has been difficult to contend with as I adjust to doing more where he can't. I also still have chronic migraines and more. My oldest was married in late September, so that also took a lot of time, and energy. We decided to get a kitten, then two days later found a litter in our carport. Hahahaha. Some were in poor health, and required extra care. I am glad to say they are all doing great now, and ornery as ever. Almost completely potty trained, too! They are too adorable, and I blow up every social media site I am on with their pictures!



We also have not found any respite for Beans. I haven't had any in about 2 years. With homeschooling, and his level of need it makes it difficult sometimes for me to find time for blogging, or much of anything. I feel like the system here in our state is set up so shoddy for these types of services. It's not right, but sadly something I have come to expect.

Now that summer has come to an end, and fall has set in (quite beautifully where I live!) I may have a bit more time to write. Summer is always full of outdoor fun to be had. Sitting inside on the computer isn't as much of an option during those months. Of course, fall brings with it a quiet melancholy to accompany me as my days get shorter, and the nights get longer. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I am aware of it now, and find some solace in the routine. For me, I have found there to be a certain comfort in the lows. I don't know how to explain that fully. It's just a feeling of pulling inside of myself, retaining energy, and deep introspection. The depth of my inner world is unending. I feel so much more vividly when in this state. My senses heighten, and my energies ebb. I have to be vigilant that I don't let it get out of control, because there is a fine, almost invisible line between a comfortable melancholy, and a deep depression.

I do have some ideas lined up for new posts to write about. Most are recipes, and fitness fitness, but with a twist of introverted style, as always. I hope you will stay tuned for those. If you're still reading, thank you! I hope my ramblings made sense. Thank you for checking in with me.

6 comments:

  1. Yes - cozy vs. comatose...the fall balance ;)

    Thanks for the update,
    Full Spectrum Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you figure out what the problem is with hubby! its worse not knowing, i would think.

    just learned about progesterone, how important it is, how many many women are deficient. (im one of them). its worth looking in to a bio identical progesterone cream and use it. it cant hurt you, so no side effects or interactions. and even men need some. ;) just a tiny tip of finger dip. ;) it helps so many things.... anxiety is a huge thing low progesterone triggers for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my cat under a bush, and later two more feral cats smelled the food and jumped in through the window of my first floor, ground level apartment. Many years ago, a cat in my yard that I used to feed put a newborn kitten on my shoe and hid in the bushes. I made her take it back, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww the shoe kitten sounds so cute! I guess we're cat magnets, too.

      Delete

If you'd like to follow all comments to this post, please click the 'subscribe by email' link under the comment box. I always reply to every post, and appreciate all feedback. If you have issues getting your comment to post you can email me your comment at inneraspie@yahoo.com. Blogger sometimes loses a comment when the user goes to post, so it is always advisable to highlight and copy your text before hitting the post button.